The entire content of this website is copyrighted by School Mate® Publishing as a collective work under U.S. copyright laws. All material is made available in order to provide information about our company and student publishing products. School Mate® Publishing respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask others, including our competitors, customers, and users of this site, to do the same.
WE PERMIT individuals to download or make a single copy of a document or part of a document published by us on this site for personal use, as long as: (1) our name and copyright notice is prominently displayed on your copy, (2) you do not copy or post the content on any network computer or broadcast the content in any medium, and (3) you do not modify or alter the content in any way, or delete or change any copyright or trademark notice.
WE DO NOT PERMIT and strictly prohibit downloading, copying, reproducing, modifying, publishing, distributing, transmitting, transferring, or creating derivative works from content, in whole or in part, of this site or other material owned by School Mate® Publishing for commercial purposes or in order to use material to avoid paying for classroom books. This includes material such as documents, parts of documents, logos, images, or printed material such as sales literature or actual products.
1. You may not use or register trademarks or copyrighted material owned by School Mate® Publishing, including graphic symbols, logos, icons, or alterations thereof, as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name.
2. You may not use images owned by School Mate® Publishing, including graphic symbols, logos, icons, or any other images on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose.
3. You may not use a variation, phonetic equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of a School Mate® Publishing trademark for any purpose.
4. You may not use a School Mate® Publishing trademark or any other School Mate® Publishing owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
5. You may not use a School Mate® Publishing trademark, including School Mate® Publishing owned graphic symbols, logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply School Mate® Publishing’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
6. You may not manufacture, sell, or give away merchandise or items bearing School Mate® Publishing trademarks or copyrighted material, including symbols, logos, icons, or slogans.
7. You may not imitate the School Mate® Publishing packaging, website design, logos, or typefaces.
8. You may not use or imitate a School Mate® Publishing slogan or tagline.
9. You may not use an identical or virtually identical School Mate® Publishing trademark as a second level domain name.
10. You may not use the School Mate® Publishing Themed Templates for any other use except to submit students’ work to School Mate® Publishing to be printed in School Mate® Publishing Classroom Books only.
We welcome comments regarding our website and classroom book products. Any communications (email, mail, phone, etc.) sent to School Mate® Publishing shall become the exclusive property of School Mate® Publishing. School Mate® Publishing will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, publish, and distribute any material or communications you submit for any purpose, without restriction and without compensating you in any way.
For this reason, do not send us any communications that you do not wish School Mate® Publishing to own, including any confidential information or any creative material or ideas regarding new products or features for student books, marketing or advertising strategies, or other student publishing improvements. We employ a highly qualified staff who continually research ways to enhance our classroom publishing offerings and may be working on similar ideas you have developed. This policy is to avoid confusion over ownership of new concepts.